Tri the Gulf
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Tri the Gulf is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event with a USA Triathlon certified Race Director and all USA Triathlon rules will be followed and strictly enforced. It is the responsibility of the athlete to be familiar with those rules, which can be found at www.usatriathlon.org. There will be monitors placed along the course to ensure compliance with the USA Triathlon rules.
Tuesday, October 15th - Whole Foods Market, Airport Boulevard, Mobile, AL - 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 16th - Whole Foods Market, Airport Boulevard, Mobile, AL - 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 17th - 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. - Pro Health Fitness Center, Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Campus, Mobile, AL
Friday, October 18th - 11 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. - Pro Health Fitness Center, Mobile Infirmary Medical Center Campus, Mobile, AL
Saturday, October 19th - 5:30 a.m. until 6:30 a.m. - Isle Dauphine Club (race site) LIMITED SAME DAY PACKET PICK UP
1. You must personally come to packet pick up - no one else can pick up your packet for you - NO exceptions (this is a USAT rule)
2. You must have photo ID that reflects your date of birth and if you are an annual member of the USAT - you must present your USAT membership card when picking up packet.
3. If your annual USAT membership has expired - you will have to purchase a one-day USAT membership ($15) in order to get your packet. Payment must be by cash or check drawn on local bank. NO credit card payments will be accepted. Note - if you have to purchase a one-day USAT membership - you can apply it to the annual $50 USAT membership fee and renew your membership directly with USAT after the event.
4. If you purchased a one-day USAT membership - don't fret - we have a record of such - nothing for you to present to us.
5. Relay teams- EACH member of the relay team must come to packet pick up - but you don't have to come at the same time (but such would be helpful). The first one to come will receive the packet for the team. There will be one packet per team - each team member will receive a t-shirt and finisher's medal.
6. Clydesdales/Athena Category participants - you will have to weigh in at packet pick up (per USAT rule)
START AND FINISH LINE - ISLE DAUPHINE CLUB
Located at 100 Orleans Dr, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
|5:00 a.m.||Transition Opens|
|5:30 a.m.||Same day packet pick-up - LIMITED|
|6:30 a.m.||Same day packet pick-up - LIMITED|
|7:00 a.m.||Transition Closes|
|7:15 a.m.||Mandatory athlete briefing by the water|
|7:30 a.m.||Transition Start following National Anthem|
|10:00 a.m.||Awards (Or after last finisher)|
- We are not kidding with these times friends, plan accordingly!!
- Food and drinks available at the finish line.
- Sponsor booths open at the finish line or adjacent to after-Tri party!
You Need To Get To Dauphin Island Promptly On the Morning Of Triathlon
The Dauphin Island Bridge affords the only access to Dauphin Island. Commencing at 6:30 a.m. on the day of the triathlon, access across the Bridge will be limited to one lane - one direction at a time. Transition opens at 5:00 a.m. and will close at 7:00 a.m. If you are not spending the night on the Island - please schedule plenty of time to travel to the Island.
Drop Off Of Bikes
If you want to drop your bike off at the Transition Area and then park your motor vehicle and ride the shuttle back to the Transition Area, we will have bike racks available to facilitate such. Please note that no motor vehicles can be parked in the drop off area and this will be strictly enforced. Orleans Drive (the street access to the Transition Area) will close to motor vehicular traffic at 7:00 a.m. (the same time the Transition Area closes).
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in each Age Group
- Top 3 Male in Clydesdale
- Top 3 Female in Athena
- Top 3 Fat Tire Participants (male and female combined)
- Top 3 Lawyer Division (male and female combined)
- Top 3 Relay Teams (male and female combined)
- Top Novice First Timers Female
- Top Novice First Timers Male
- Aqua-Bike: Top 3 Overall Male and Female
- Bike-Run: Top 3 Overall Male and Female
Triathletes should park their motor vehicles at the Dauphin Island Park & Recreation Board's West Beach parking lot located adjacent to Bienville Boulevard. There will be signs directing triathletes to the parking lot. There will be two shuttle buses running between the parking lot and the Isle Dauphine Club starting at 5:30 a.m. and ending at 6:45 a.m. Alternatively, triathletes can ride their bikes from the parking lot to the Isle Dauphine Club - not very far (might actually be a good warm-up for the triathlon). If you ride your bike to the Isle Dauphine Club please make certain you have adequate lighting on your bike as there are few street lights on the Island and it will be dark. THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AT THE ISLE DAUPHINE CLUB OR ALONG ORLEANS DRIVE (as there was in 2016). ORLEANS DRIVE will close to all motor vehicle traffic at 7:00 a.m.
Holiday Inn Express - Tillmans Corner (Interstate 10) - stay 1 night at the following discounted rates: King - $85, Double - $89 and a free early morning breakfast and late check-out (if requested) - YOU MUST CALL THE MOTEL DIRECTLY TO OBTAIN THE SPECIAL RATE.THE MOTEL'S TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 251.661.9099. Mention Tri the Gulf for the discounted rate. (28 miles away - approximately 38 minutes from the Island)
Bayou La Batre Inn & Suites - 13155 North Wintzell Avenue, Bayou La Batre, AL 36509 - 251.824.2020 - stay 1 night for $69.95 or 2 for $59.95 a night and late check-out (if requested). Mention Tri the Gulf for our special rate. (19.7 miles away)
DI Campground - (3.4 miles away)
There are a handful of restaurants located on the Island. The obviously closest one will be the Pirates Bar & Grill, located on the Isle Dauphine Club property (location of the transition area and after-Tri party). The Islander Restaurant is providing a discount card to participants that will be included in their packets. This restaurant is located on Bienville Boulevard.
In 2018, the triathlon WAS wetsuit legal.
In 2017 the triathlon WAS wetsuit legal.
In 2016 the triathlon was NOT wetsuit legal.
Volunteers will park TBD. Volunteer Registration to come.
Tri the Gulf and Mobile Bar Foundation reserve the right to delay event start time and/or cancel the event or move the event to a different date should we encounter adverse weather. imATHLETE offers an Event Cancellation Refund Program - so you are covered! If we cancel the event due to qualified conditions of weather, natural catastrophe, or terrorism, imATHLETE will refund you in full.
REFUNDSWith the exception of the adverse weather program, we have a very strict no refund policy. You may transfer your packet to another athlete provided they have a USAT membership. If you don't have anyone to transfer your packet to, please consider donating your entry back to us to offer it to an active member of the U.S. military services or active "first responder".
If you have a question, send it our way! We'll post FAQ's as they are received!!