Tri the Gulf
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Brought to you by the Mobile Bar Foundation, Tri the Gulf is a sprint triathlon on Dauphin Island, Alabama consisting of a 600 yard Gulf swim, 16.7 mile island + bridge bike, and 3.25 mile island run (mostly off road on a well kept golf course).
The triathlon will be held at Isle Dauphine Golf Club located at 100 Orleans Dr, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
New For 2019:
We are offering an Aqua-Bike consisting of a 600 yard Gulf swim and 16.7 mile island + bridge bike and a Bike-Run consisting of a 16.7 mile island + bridge bike and 3.25 mile island run (mostly off road on a well kept golf course). Awards will go to top 3 Overall Male & Female. No relay team option for Aqua-Bike or Bike-Run course.
Tri the Gulf's top priority is to be a safe event. The DIPD and volunteers will be out in full force and fully aware of our needs. Also,
- We will continue to utilize the "cable-tow" concept for the swim. This makes for a safer swim and keeps the sun out of your eyes!
- The bike and run course are completely separate.
- We will have an alternative bike course should weather prevent us from riding over the Bridge.
- The first and third miles of the run course will be on the fairways of the Isle Dauphine Golf Club, consider this portion "off-road" and plan accordingly.
- We have a Novice First Timers category for male and female athletes. This must be your FIRST triathlon.
SAFETY is our number ONE concern always, followed by a fun, AMAZING race and WONDERFUL after-event party for YOU!!!