Tri the Gulf
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Brought to you by the Mobile Bar Foundation, Tri the Gulf is a sprint triathlon on Dauphin Island, Alabama consisting of a 600 yard Gulf swim, 16.7 mile island + bridge bike, and 3.1 mile island run (short section off road on golf course).
The triathlon will be held at Isle Dauphine Golf Club located at 100 Orleans Dr, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
New For 2019:
We are offering an Aqua-Bike consisting of a 600 yard Gulf swim and 16.7 mile island + bridge bike and a Bike-Run consisting of a 16.7 mile island + bridge bike and 3.1 mile island run (short section off road on a well kept golf course). Awards will go to top 3 Overall Male & Female. No relay team option for Aqua-Bike or Bike-Run course.
Tri the Gulf's top priority is to be a safe event. The DIPD and volunteers will be out in full force and fully aware of our needs. Also,
- 2019 Run Course change. In accordance with feedback from previous years, we have changed the run course. This is change is being made for 2019 only at this time. The revised 2019 run course is a safe course, but will involve the bike course and the run course both using a portion of Oreans Drive. The overlap of the 2 courses will necessitate athletes on bikes being more cautious during the short stretch that the 2 courses overlap. The courses will be clearly marked with appropriate traffic cones and personnel.
- The final section of the run course will be on the fairways of the Isle Dauphine Golf Club, consider this portion "off-road" and plan accordingly.
- We will continue to utilize the "cable-tow" concept for the swim. This makes for a safer swim and keeps the sun out of your eyes!
- We will have an alternative bike course should weather prevent us from riding over the Bridge.
- We have a Novice First Timers category for male and female athletes. This must be your FIRST triathlon.
SAFETY is our number ONE concern always, followed by a fun, AMAZING race and WONDERFUL after-event party for YOU!!!